Hickory Hills Elementary Board and Membership Meeting–March 2, 2015
In Attendance: Attendance was not recorded due to the amount of attendees for the special “March into Spring” performance; however, a quorum was present.
Lori Chisholm, PTA President, called the meeting to order at 6:24 PM.
The February 2015 minutes were approved as written.
Michele Douglas, Treasurer’s Report: Ending balance for February was $25,345.94. Income for February included: Letter Campaign – raised $2,375 with YTD total of $3,560. Scrip cards – sold $334.25. Ongoing Fundraiser – Target sent another check for $375.14 and we received a deposit from AmazonSmile for $34.17. Expenses for February included: Chat and Chew – $610.63 paid for the purchase of the books. Hospitality – paid for Counselor Appreciation week as well as end of the year gifts. Yearbook – received $338 in orders.
Lori Chisholm included that we are currently working with our school administration to determine how to spend funds that we have raised this year. We hope to know more in the coming weeks.
Tamara Scully, on behalf of the Nominating Committee – Election of Officers:
Tamara presented the nominated officers to be elected for the 2015-2016 year:
President – Maggie Krogh
Vice President – Lauren Sawyer
Secretary – Hillary West
Treasurer – Tia Ruth
Lori Chisholm offered the nominees’ names to the membership. There were no other nomination suggestions. Because the nominations came from a nominating committee then there does not need to be a second. All four candidates were approved to serve.
Kindergarten and First Grade classes, under the direction of music teacher, Deborah Lee, presented a special performance called “March into Spring”. Mrs. Lee thanked the PTA and parents for all they do for the school and children.
Sara Swaim/Sarah Dorrel, Spring Fling (April 10, 5:30 – 7:45 PM): Spring Fling will include food, games, Marty the Magician and a silent auction and raffle. Please pre-order tickets so we can know how may to expect.
Lori Chisholm, President’s Report:
- An acquisition request from the 3rd grade teachers for $65.40 for the purchase of guided reading books was approved.
- Spring pictures and classroom composites will be taken on Thursday, March 19th. 3-4 volunteers are needed to assist Lifetouch. Let Lori know if you can help.
- Final Spirit Night is March 24th at Jersey Mike’s from 4-8 PM. Jersey Mike’s is producing a flyer to send home with more information. Volunteers are needed to help with the sundae bar that evening. Email Lori at email@example.com if interested in helping. Please support Jersey Mike’s and HHPTA at this event.
- Spirit Wear and Scrip cards are for sale in the back. All spirit wear items are 2 for $5 tonight.
- Missouri Principal’s Day – March 5th– Mrs. Odom and Mrs. Cardwell were presented with thank you gifts from HHPTA.
Mrs. Odom, Principal’s Report:
- Thank you to Mrs. Lee for putting together a wonderful performance by the children tonight.
- Summer School – not too late to register if interested in attending.
- Construction Update – The crane was supposed to be there to install the walls, but due to the weather it has been delayed. Walls should be up after spring break if the weather permits.
Next HHPTA meeting is April 6th at 6:30 PM in the Library. Final Winter Campaign results and the top 3 classes for the Box Top contest will be announced.
The newly elected officers will be installed into office at the May 4th PTA meeting. A former PTA President, Heather Killian, will lead the installation. Outgoing officers will be recognized and committee chairs and co-chairs will be presented thank you gifts for their service. Please attend if available.
Lori Chisholm adjourned the meeting at 6:53 PM.